Forum

Is it me, is it Steam or...

Posted 14 Jun 2016, 4:11 p.m.
0 |
…some people are really retarded?

Recently on Steam, when I go through my daily “discovery queue” (dunno the actual english version name - it's the random queue of 11 games where you check it you want to watch, ignore or add to wishlist) I noticed some bizzare message on some titles.

That message appear before you enter the title and tell “this game may contain inappropriate content and may not be suitable to watch IN YOUR WORKPLACE”.

….really?
Does somebody actually check steam account during their job on their work computers?
or does Steam treat it's customers as retards?
Posted 14 Jun 2016, 4:45 p.m.
1 |
I have Steam on my work computer ;)
Posted 14 Jun 2016, 7:15 p.m.
0 |
But are you:
a) a boss of your own?
b) work for gaming industry/reviews?
c) work for someone else with no relation to point b?

“a” and “b” would be normal, but for “c”, I wouldn't dare to have Steam on my work computer (my work ethic is solid and pure…so I only listen to my YT playlist ;)  on work computer).

• Miko
  • Veteran
Posted 14 Jun 2016, 9:21 p.m.
0 |
Well we had Steam and were playing CS 1.6 with MW2 mods when I was working part time as a security guard…
Posted 15 Jun 2016, 1:20 a.m.
0 |
friend of mine has nerf guns at his work place (and they're using it), so I guess everything is possible
Posted 15 Jun 2016, 7:22 a.m.
0 |
I feel like nerf guns were invented for adults in the work place not children…
Posted 16 Jun 2016, 8:40 a.m.
0 |
You can browse steam from the web as well, i believe they share the UI so that may explain some of it :) Just a polite way of sayin NSW
Posted 16 Jun 2016, 8:44 a.m.
0 |
I've browsed Steam at work, and I've seen plenty of workplaces where Steam could be quite nice during downtime. If my current work computer wasn't shit and they didn't have this crap policy about data protection (I handle customer credit card information), I'd be watching movies and playing games on it.
Posted 16 Jun 2016, 1:05 p.m.
0 |
For lunchtimes and after work we have Steam on decent PCs but never get the time to play anything. Maybe I need to hire more minions. One day…